> Home > Policy information > Product Features
Triathlonguard insurance has been created specifically to cover the unique insurance needs of triathletes. For instance, when competing in a triathlon, your bicycle does NOT need to be locked - ensuring that your transition time is not longer than it needs to be.
Triathlonguard also includes an 'Active' option which allows you to participate in other competitive cycle sports like mass start racing.
The information displayed is for guidance only and no contract or contract term is implied - only the policy wording can be taken as a binding contract.
For more information on what is or is not covered under the policy, please read the Policy Information section where you will find Triathlonguard insurance product information document and policy wording.
Triathlonguard insurance is suitable for:
Triathletes aged 16 and over that compete in triathlons and other competitive cycle sports.
- Cover against theft and accidental damage up to £12,500
- Replacement on a new for old basis for bicycles up to 3 years old (older cycles are subject to depreciation)
- Bicycle hire - until items are replaced or repaired (subject to an approved claim)
- Multibike discount of up to 15%
- Choice of area covered
- UK only
- EU for 90 days (45 day maximum trip)
- Worldwide for 90 days (45 day maximum trip)
- Public liability and personal accident cover
- Triathlonguard Accessories - covers specific Triathlon related Accessories against Theft & Accidental Damage and even covers specific clothing items lost in organised Triathlon event Transition Areas
- Active option - allows you to take part in competitive cycling events and also provides up to £750 Race Fees cover
- Other riders option (allows family, club members, or friends, to use your bicycle)
- Specified riders liability extension (extends liability cover to other specific riders)
What is not covered
We are committed to providing you with clarity on the cover you are looking to purchase and aim to tell you the key exclusions of this policy before you buy.
Exclusions relating to theft of your bicycle when stored in its usual storage location:
- Theft at home or the insured location if the bike is left outside
- Theft at home or the insured location unless there is forcible and / or violent entry
- Theft in a communal bike store or communal hallway unless the bike is locked to an immovable object with an approved lock
Exclusions relating to theft of your bicycle when you go out on it:
- Theft if the bike is left without being locked to an immovable object
- Theft when the lock you have used is not an approved lock
- Theft of your bike if it is left unattended anywhere for any more than 18 hours
- Theft of parts unless your bicycle is stolen at the same time
Exclusions relating to accidental damage of your bicycle
- Any cosmetic damage which does not impair the function or performance of the bike
- Whilst in transit by any carrier unless it is securely packaged
- Accidental damage when loaned or hired out to any other person
- Any mechanical or electrical failure
- Faulty or defective design
- When using the bike for racing or competition unless you have purchased active cover
- Using the bike for hire and reward
- The first £25 of every claims unless the bikes are stored in a communal outbuilding or hallway, wooden or metal shed, or privately accessed garden, in whuch case the excess will be £100 or 20% of the value of the bikes - whichever is the greater.
- Public liability claims are subject to a £500 excess for third party property damage only.
If your bike is less than 3 years old you will receive a new replacement for your bike. Thereafter your bike will be subject to an adjustment for depreciation due to wear and tear which means the settlement will be reduced dependent upon the age of the bike up to a maximum of 50% when the bike is over 10 years old.